Thread: Letter
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Letter

I'd like to share the body of a letter I sent to the O'Connor Hospital:
I want to thank everyone working at the Ortho/Neuro Unit at O'Connor Hospital. Your staff took wonderful care of me during my recent Myasthenia crises. I am most grateful. This goes for everybody at O’Connor, those who I could see, and those who I did not see.

This was not my first Myasthenia Gravis crises. My first crises came in September 2013, two months before I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. This fight was so much easier than the first, though.

The first time I did not know what was happening, the first time I did not know there was a treatment, and the first time I fought alone at home.

This time I knew exactly what was happening, this time I knew of successful treatments, and this time I had all of you fighting with me. I was not alone, and it made all the difference.

During a six-day day stay in the hospital, one does not have much to do, except observe the staff and sharpen one's eavesdropping skills. I observed a skilled, professional, and compassionate team of people doing important work.

Thanks for all the care I received from O'Connor Hospital's doctors and nurses, therapists, and the housekeeping staff, all of whom took fine care of me, and from what I could see from my perch in room 5120, many others too.
I also frame the letter and dropped it by the Ortho/Neuro Unit.

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 08-10-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongsis (08-13-2014), southblues (08-10-2014)