View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I have hand discoloration. For me, raising the arm apparently cuts off the artery because the hand turns extremely white and the veins go flat from lack of volume/flow.

In the down position, I get the red color and the bulging veins. The palms are always blotchy, which is a sign of poor circulation.

Perhaps the most interesting color change is that for a couple months my left hand would turn distinctly purple. I would then self adjust my rib down and it would clear out. Wish I had done pics at the time.

Another interesting thing to try, which I got from Dr. Gelabert @ UCLA, is to run your thumbnails across each of the fingerpads to see how sensitive or numb they are. I have much more compression on the left than the right, and sure enough much less sensation. Also, if only key nerves are compressed, like the ulnar, then within the same hand, you may detect a difference in sensitivity between fingers. You can look up the arm nerves and which fingers they enervate on google.

In terms of relief, have my arms supported in a way that takes weight off my shoulders is helpful. Shoving my first rib down is helpful as well.

HTH
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote