View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It has been a year since I started this thread.

I am still not only having trouble with fatigue but it is getting much worse and so is my diabetes. My A1C's have been climbing higher and higher over the past year.

My fasting blood sugars are almost NEVER in the normal range any more. My post prandial readings are in the high 200's and stay there for 4-6 hours after eating just one piece of boiled chicken and a half cup of steamed broccoli.

When my meds finally seem to kick in many hours later, I will drop to 130 or near there. Some times I get low's in the 50's during the night.

If I have a reading in the 90's during the night, by the time morning rolls around, I will have a fasting blood sugar level between 130 and 160. All I did between the 90 and the fasting level was sleep.

My doc has changed my meds a few times but nothing seems to stop the spikes and roller coaster. I am very compliant with my diet but I do not exercise due to pain from PN, angina from CAD and the severe fatigue I have on a daily basis.

Has my pancreas quit on me? Seems I should not ever get "lows" if I am not still making insulin. I do not go low often, just a few times per month. In fact, I seldom get into the normal range at any time any more. If I do approach normal levels, that is when they continue falling and I wind up going low.

Any suggestions? I would love to have enough energy to do something, including exercise or something but all I seem to be able to do is lay down and sleep off the highs.

These levels are taking a toll on my eyesight already. I worry about all the other complications and damage to body organs.

Is there some way to stop the roller coaster? Is there a way to prevent the spikes without causing lows?
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote