View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Serg,

The initial blood clot is red. After a few days the clot turns a white color... can resemble plaque. So make sure to irrigate gently. If you are careful with your eating all you really need to do is rinse with the salt water. As the days go on, you can get more aggressive with your rinsing.

The dry socket medication will break down over time. Do not be concerned about removing that. If you develop a bad medicinal taste or abnormally foul mouth odor, something other than what you have experienced so far, then have the surgeon evaluate the socket.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg View Post
Thanks for your reply!

Yeah it was done on Friday dinner time and I started irrigating on Sunday afternoon. There was some plaque looking substance came out at first. Can't do it at work today so I'll have to just rinse with water. Hope I haven't disturbed the clot but the medicated substance hasn't came out either.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote