View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have seen Dr. Pearce (NMG @ Chicago) and currently see Dr. Donahue (MGH @ Boston). Both doctors do testing for ATOS differently. Dr. Pearce's test showed 100% occlusion of the subclavian artery, while Dr. Donahue's test showed moderate narrowing of the artery. I was diagnosed with N+ATOS by both Doctors. Per Dr. Donahue, there are a very small number of his patients that are graded with moderate narrowing, with almost none graded severe. Dr. Donahue had agreed to due surgery after the initial test, but recommended PT + botox first.

I have been in PT for ~9 months. I don't know if I can say that I am cured, but I do workout regularly. I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon with relative success (some aggravation of symptoms around ~7 miles). Also, my workouts are getting close to full body workouts, even integrating the typical problem upper body areas into workouts. I take extra care when working the chest, bicep, and doing shoulder pressing exercises. Stretching is critical for me. To give you an idea of how strong I've gotten in some exercises, I can bend-over-row 75lb dumbbells. Yes, that is one arm, and with good form.

I was very athletic prior to symptoms. I also had debilitating symptoms at onset.

PT definitely is working for me. I am not however, saying that PT works for everybody, as I can only speak for myself. Also, my PT's are the cream of the crop.
Seeman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eight (08-11-2014), jkl626 (08-16-2014)