View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Confused Complex partial

Hello,
This is my first post and I'm sure I should probably have posted in the new member forum first but I kinda wanted to get down to business. I have been diagnosed with complex partial for eleven years. I was diagnosed in Texas but moved to Idaho seven years ago. I thought I was able to trigger control my seizures but it turns out I wasn't. The neurologist that I currently have is "skeptical" of my diagnosis but is not ordering any more testing. He is treating with Lamictal on a trial by error mindset. I have had several breakthrough seizures (both tonic clonic and absence) and what they believe is a stroke, but again they are treating without being sure because the CT scan was inconclusive. I live in an area where Neurologist are hard to come by and the few here are in a monopoly clinic associated with a hospital with questionable ethics. The closest other Neurology Clinic is thirty minutes away across state lines. I am extremely frustrated because I feel like the doctors here don't believe my symptoms are real but the doctors that I might want to see are so far away. I am just trying to find out if there is anyone else who has an issue with limited resources and if so, how are you handling it. I feel so alone.
leisea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote