View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Serg,

The clot eventually breaks down in to small pieces before it dissolves completely. Don't be concerned about losing a small piece. Just be careful not to irrigate aggressively.

You should eat a nutritious whole foods diet like plenty of vegetables, fruit, and lean meat protein. Limit or avoid refined food (pre packaged, frozen, canned) sugar or sugar substitutes. This type of diet supports health and is ideal for healing. For a few weeks try to avoid seeds as they can get lodged in the socket, chewy foods as it requires too much use of your jaw during the healing, and hot/spicy foods as they can irritate the wound.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg View Post
It was really small so I don't think it was a clot. Is there any foods I should stick to or avoid?

Thanks for all your help!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote