Thread: Complex partial
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Leisea,

Welcome to the forum! I've had epilepsy for 42 yrs. I have absence and complex partial sz. (seizures) and it was a hard time finding a good neurologist for me that understood my case. I finally started seeing an Epileptologist which is a Dr. who specializes in epilepsy and that was the best thing I ever did. These Drs. can pinpoint the cause of a persons sz. keep them on the least amount of sz. meds to help control the sz. and if the person is interested they can look into having surgery done to help stop or reduce the sz. You may want to see if you have any big hospitals or University hospitals near you because this is where you will find these Drs. and they work at an Epilepsy Center with a team of Drs. neurosurgeons and neuropsychatrist all of these Drs. work together as a team to find the best treatment for a person. Before I had the surgery I would have 300 or more sz. a yr. both absence and complex partial. Then I was told to cut back on starch food and carbs and that helped reduce my sz. but besides the surgery what really reduced my sz. was taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day. You may want to give it a try. I did try lamictal and I broke out with a rash after taking it for only 4 days.
To find the correct sz. med for yourself ask the Dr. to do a DNA test on you all they have to do is draw some blood and take a q tip and wipe the inside of your mouth. This will be sent to the lab and they can then see your body chemistry along with the amount of enzymes in your body and this call all be matched up to the correct sz. med for you with the least side effects. I have taken 11 or more sz. meds and then I had the DNA test and they found out I am drug resistant to all sz. meds out on the market as of now so now my Dr. wants to try me on the medical marijuana to see if that will work. Here's wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-12-2014), leisea (08-12-2014)