View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sparky, I've been on a gluten free diet for more than 10 years so the blood tests are not likely to get me an accurate diagnosis. Same goes for the si biopsy from what I've heard. I have been thinking about getting the gene testing done to give some clue. Yeah my calf muscles are extremely tight. I haven't had the punch biopsy done yet. The nerve conduction study came back negative but things have gotten much worse since I had that done.

I have been eating plenty of night shades so I will try cutting them out for a bit to see if that helps. I would be ecstatic to find a food that is making things worse. No hot sauce makes me almost as sad as no beer

Glenn, do you have any idea if my PN is not responding the the GF diet does that rule it out as the cause? I.E. could I have just gotten lucky with two different unrelated immune system issues? If my doctor prescribed a round of prednisone could that be diagnostic in terms of my type of PN if there is or is not a response?

I've had MRIs of head, neck, lower back. - Negative
Nerve conduction study.- Negative
Probably 30 blood tests. Vitamin D deficient, low on Vit B1. Both have been brought back to normal more than a year ago.
fingertingler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote