10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
The article:

*edited out copyright quote*

Note that pain scores are separated from "neuropathy symptom scores."

I don't understand this part:

"Those on the vegan diet also had significant improvements in neuropathy symptom scores (NTSS-6) not seen in the control group, along with similar changes for quality-of-life scores, but the differences weren't significant at the end of the trial, possibly because of the small number of patients or because of the effect of participating in a study on the control group, Bunner said."

significant improvements...but the differences weren't significant

I hope more studies like this are done. Not a surprise to me that the vegan diet was helpful for neuropathic pain, as research has shown it is across the board for human health, but difficult for most people to buy into this idea, for many reasons I suppose. We have been taught by our government (seriously influenced by dairy and beef industries) from a young age that milk builds strong bones and that meat contains protein that we need. Never mind how sick our population has become on this advice. And animal products taste and smell so good, at least until you have avoided them for a while.

Ron

Last edited by Chemar; 08-11-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Copy/paste from a copyright site
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (08-11-2014)