View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiliemoon View Post
I never heard of MS til the doctor mentioned it after a lyme test came back negative. He was willing to give me long term antibiotics, even with the test coming back negative, but I said no, since I haven't had a tick bite in probably 2 years.
Lyme Disease tests are VERY often wrong. Do NOT lightly dismiss the doctors suggestion to try a course of antibiotics because LD is an illness that is CLINICALLY diagnosed. That means because the tests can be so wildly inaccurate, the doctor makes the diagnosis by listening to your symptoms and other issues like you got bit by a tick 2 yrs ago.

Please, a course of antibiotics is much less risky then surgery. Also, LD can explain aLot of what is happening to you AND a tick bite can give you many illnesses, not only LD but bartonella, erlichiosis, etc. Also, the longer you wait to treat, the more damage is being done to your body and the harder it is to cure.

It took too long for me to get a diagnosis and now my neuropathy and many other issues are not curable, only the symptoms can be managed.

read about symptoms and treatment from a world renowned doc who has treated Lyme patients for almost 30 yrs.
www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

professional LD site
www.ilads.org
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-12-2014)