Thread: Bad diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark 75

I hope you are doing well, Mark.
I read your story and have another remark regarding your primary care doctor.
If she thought you had had a stroke, how in Gods name could she have just told you to make your way through town by yourself and book into the hospital?? Just like that??? Did she not think you should be transported by ambulance?? Was anyone with you? And did she order a consult with neurologist to see you in the hospital?? And did she not know that a ct of head can only possibly diagnose a stroke caused by a bleed? A proper protocol for stroke is a MRI of brain.

Mark I am so glad you did not have a stroke.

And, do you still have the same doctor?

I am telling all this because I was in a situation very similar to you!! I too, drove home in my car alone from the ER dept in hospital. Only difference is that I had actually had a small stroke, and the ER had not fallowed protocol, and I was probably not thinking straight ( having had a small stroke caused by a blood cloth) I was later called back, days later by my neurologist when he heard of it, and I had a MRI that confirmed stroke. I am OK now. no effects left.

Stay well Mark

Perhaps this episode Mark has entered could fit well in the thread " what is wrong with doctors"

Synnove

Last edited by Synnove; 08-12-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: additional comments
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (08-12-2014)