View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

What a nice surprise! Hi, Mike's sis. What else should we call you?

Hyperacusis is one of the lovely things that can happen due to weak muscles in the ear/ear area. That is a sensitivity or a low tolerance for sound. It might help if you sit down while doing a presentation, if you can. Or at least make sure you are fully hydrated.

I don't know why the neurologists at Duke need to put their egos before their patients, but it seems to happen a lot. I wouldn't expect that to happen at UNC (I've been there).

I am a AChR modulating MGer, too. Have you tested positive for binding antibodies since Mike last spoke of you?

Mike has told you to stay the heck out of hot weather or just getting overheated any other way, right? It's amazing how quickly MG can get worse.

So, what do you need? Any questions? Do you need a good neuro? There are good ones out there.

I'm glad you decided to jump in! MG is one of those diseases that is tricky and there's a lot to learn about it. Even when I'm okay, I lean on these guys and what they have to offer. They all "get" MG and we don't have to pretend that we're fine when we're not. It's a great forum, Neurotalk, and we're lucky to have the support.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongsis (08-13-2014)