Thread: roll call
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default roll call

It has been so long
I am hoping all is going well with each of you and your dear sweet children

Austin is now moved into his apartment right next to college he starts college this Monday
he moved there 2 weeks ago that same day as moving he had a Neuro appt. following a 3 day ambulatory EEG,(4 days wired for sound) we as always were hoping they would find he had no seizures and he could go off seizure meds, but instead they found Austin to have both Seizures and a movement disorder so Austin started college with 2 strong meds, his seizure meds and Sinemet, so instead of just college worries, we are all worried about the side effects of this new dopamine med. and the real worry is what this is all progressing to. but as Austin always does we talked and as he said he is no different then last month so, he will just keep going on, this was a blow we were not expecting.
Austin's Apt is nice real big with 2 pools a weight room Jaz. he has washer and dryer in the apt. and 3 roommates, he got a new computer, all his books, the college is offering him some services and he has taken the public bus all over and feels comfortable going to Balboa island, Newport and Huntington beach on his own, he has a roommate who also has no car who has gone with him too. in his neighborhood in walking distance is everything, stores, drug stores, his bank, P.Office and the college, his roommates know about him and were more concerned on if they might see a seizure, then what to do, they are young and very able to call 911, my family, father and Aunt live 20 to 35 mins away we have plans and notes in place. They check on Austin and take him to lunch….so off to college Austin goes
I could not be more proud, worried and miss the hell out of him
how are all of you? I have thought of you all so much......
next...
Austinsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote