View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:03 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

It appears that—unfortunately—dmci never returned following his first post/visit (not uncommon) .

For anyone who may have similar symptoms:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmci View Post
  1. tinnitus in both ears, more prevelant in the right. I experiene a contstant ringing. I also occassionaly get pulsatile tinnitus thats in sync with my heartbeat. I have visited an ENT doc and no issues were found with my ears. no hearing loss either
  2. A sensation of throbbing in my forehead and the back of my head thats in sync with my heartbeat. There is no pain and it doesnt feel like a headache. Feels more like bloodflow pumping through my head. I had range of blood tests done which showed no issue. BP is also normal
  3. Sore eyes that feel strained or tired, more prevelant in the right eye. I have had my vision checked multiple times in the last few months with no issues. There is no blurring or other eye issues.
  4. nausea which comes on suddenly without explanation
  5. occassional dizziness which feels like mild vertigo

when i tilt my head to the left (bringing ear down to meet shouler) all of the above symptoms are aggravated. but if i tilt to the right the symptoms improve.
Another possibility is Acephalgic migraine (also called acephalalgic migraine, migraine aura without headache, amigrainous migraine, isolated visual migraine, and optical migraine) or silent migraine.

Quote:
Acephalgic migraines can occur in individuals of any age.[5] Though there are some individuals—more commonly male—who only experience acephalgic migraine, frequently patients also experience migraine with headache.[6] Generally, the condition is more than twice as likely to occur in females than males.
Among women, incidents of acephalgic migraine increase during perimenopause.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acephalgic_migraine
silent migraine

My DW presented with very similar symptoms, and for several months we thought it was SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

A visit to a University Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology (ENT) suggested it may be silent migraine, which was masked by the SSRI. (No comment on the possibility/question of whether it could have been caused by the SSRI.)

Anyhoo, she's been on an elimination diet (eliminating any/all potential dietary migraine triggers) suggested by a book suggested by the otolaryng... (I can't spell otolaryngologist, let alone pronounce it) ...the ENT guy. After a few weeks, she's doing much better, and experiencing less pain overall from her cervical stenosis as well. (I have no idea why, but I don't care—she feels better, and Ol' Furface & I have come out of hiding.

If it can't hurt to try it, then it can't hurt to try it.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote