View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
Scarlet Begonias is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
You just never know when things will improve... sometimes they can improve to 100% overnight. And sometimes they never fully improve. And sometimes they get worse.

He's lucky to have you and it sounds like your friend is just ignorant. But most people are very ignorant about the effects and behaviors brought on by a TBI - c'est la vie. Stick with him if you can I'm sure he needs and appreciates your support.
that, i was not aware of. i guess when i think of a brain injury, i think irreparable damage. i'm not getting my hopes up. though, his family did say that his mood swings for the better when he gets ready to come spend time with me. and i'm more than happy to have him and help him be less stressed. should things turn for the worse, i'll soon have the knowledge to deal.. it's just having the patience that comes at a price, of course. so far, so good.

thank you for the support i'm happy to know your situation has turned out better than before. i hate to admit, i was ignorant as well. especially when someone i've known since childhood tells me that he is not good enough for me. it made me second guess because i hadn't known more about him or the TBI. he talked about it, but not in detail. and when i admitted my wrongs he says, "see, i told you!". i feel awful and guilty still.. but we've since repaired the issues between us over the week.
scarletBegonias is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote