View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can't take it anymore

I'm at the end of my rope with this. The pain is constant. It is biting into my neck, shoots up into my face and eye. It even burns. I sit with icepacks, eat advil like crazy and have muscle relaxers. Nothing helps. I have been to many drs. NYC, Mayo clinic etc. They see perfectly well in CT that everything is compressed. the subclavian vein is already permanently damaged with a broken stent in it. There are even times,many that I feel like my air is getting cut off and I'm going to pass out because the artery gets compressed. It happens with different positions and movements. I can only lay on my back to sleep and even then I have to keep trying to move my shoulder back to get pressure off. The problem - no dr will help because a plate with screws, extra bone and wire were put on the broken collarbone. A stent was put in the subclavian vein and it is now broken. The drs all say that because of the hardware a surgery would be way too risky. I can handle a lot and don't complain often but I can't take this anymore. It hurts so bad I sweat and feel nauseous. At times there is swelling and the I feel the pulse in beating like crazy where my neck connects to my shoulder. I don't know what to do. I can't live like this. There has to be some shots or something that could even cause the area to go numb. This constant pain is horrendous. On occasion it calms down. That seems to be on certain movements that open the area but it comes right back. I'm sorry for ranting but this has gotten really, really bad. As time goes on this situation just gets worse. Any suggestions? This is like having the worse migrain in my neck and going up into my head. I frequently where a figure 8 clavicle strap for support and to hold the shoulder back. That offers some small relief.
eveewonder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote