Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labar914 View Post
My 28 year old brother lives with us and he has been experiencing parkinson like symptoms for almost 2 years now. His symptoms started suddenly when he woke up one morning. Over the next 4 months he gradually declined to the point that he could no longer stand unassisted. He has pretty much stayed at that level of functioning for the last year and a half. He was treated by several neurologists, psychologists and neurosurgeons. No one can figure out his symptoms. He has tremors in his face, neck, arms and legs, he also has stuttering and choking. He is able to walk about 50 feet with a walker, when he tries to get up without the walker or take a few steps he is unable, he looses his balance right away. I must add he is also dx'd with Antiphospolipid Anitibody Syndrome.

He has been tested for tons of things, from the very basic to the absurdly weird. One doctor felt conversion disorder but neuropsych testing and several psych consults dimiss this as the cause. He is now enrolled in a study for Rapid Onset Dystonia Parkinsonism. We will see.

He is very frustrated at this point and we are looking for support groups for young people or suggestions no matter how weird they may seem. We are working with a doctor at a large university, he is very open to anything we mention to him.

Thank you very much for any suggestions!

Shell
I too have myoclonus which got much better after small bowel obstruction surgery, but after 6 months started to get worse. I think the dr.s must have given me something during my hospital stay that affected it. I just don't know what.
rasohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote