View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 02:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner. I saw the pain doctor again today, but they messed up and it was supposed to be a follow up from an MRI, that wasn't even scheduled til next week. I asked to speak to the doctor since I was already there. I brought my husband with me, so he could talk too, because I do have social anxiety and have a hard time speaking up for myself.
This doctor came in and brushed us both off very quickly. I told him that I was having flare ups since Monday and I didn't know what to do. He said for me to increase the gabapentin again, and then very bluntly he said, "Surgery". Then he walked out without any other words.
Last Monday I was near going to the ER for the pain. I was there last month because of the numbness in my arms, they assured me that this is a chronic condition and I need to get proper treatment. It's always very embarrassing for me when I have to go to the ER for pain, because even their pain medications they give me don't really help, they make me sick and basically just knock me out. I feel like a burden on the system.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the neurologist, but I want to fire the pain management doctor, how do I go about doing that? I had to sign a pain form with him, and take a drug test which I passed, but he just keeps telling me to increase my medications that my GP already prescribed me. He's hasn't even listened to my concerns, and all he wants is surgery. There is no way I'm going to do surgery just yet.

Also, my doctor did say he will prescribe me the course of antibiotics for lyme disease, even with the test being negative. Is that a good idea? I'm willing to try it, because at this point I'm just crossing my fingers and wishing on stars.
hiliemoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote