View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the replies. All the drs I have ever seen say that because of the hardware anything surgical is too dangerous. My arm is basically pretty functional, strength and movement wise. It becomes weak and tired quickly but that isn't too troublesome. It is the pain. i would be grateful to have the nerve pain go and be left with numbness and tingling. I wish for just that. I think the drs are scared because the subclavian vein is permanently damaged and it along with the artery and nerves are getting crushed. The stent even broke in half. I don't know what is going to happen. I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen someday because of the artery getting crushed. I was going to try and see Dr. Julie Freiberg but she left Maryland and is now in CA. I live in NJ by myself. The crappy ortho that caused all this is at Rothman and doesn't even practice surgery anymore. The drs showed me on the CT scan where there is no room at all between the clavicle and rib. I'm only 49 and I don't see how I can stay this way the rest of my life especially since it is getting worse. I live alone and have to do everything myself. I work where I sit at a desk. I can't take narcotic pain meds they make me sick. I have valium for a muscle relaxer but it does nothing anymore. There is a lot of swelling in the pec muscle. Sometimes a steroid helps with that. Maybe I have to accept there isn't a surgical option until something really life or death happens and then they'll have to try and do something. Maybe I need to just try and go to a pain mgt doc and see if they can somehow get the area numb. I would take no feeling, numbness over this pain. I'm sorry to all you guys dealing with pain too. It sucks. I'm grateful I don't have back, hip or knee problems like many people do but this freaking thing is hell. I'm a pretty happy person and like my life but this is just hell. thanks guys.
eveewonder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote