View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Hey Shayna -- my infusion clinic runs mine for 2 hours. I feel so much better when it goes in slowly. Stand up for yourself and ask for the 2 hours. It's not unheard of and it's no skin off their back.
Natalie, I have been insisting that the actual infusion last for 2 hours. The problem is now scheduling because the new infusion nurse only works part time I must now schedule my infusions around her days and times in the infusion room. There are only 3 recliners in a very small room......as well as the nurse's desk, supplies and the fridge. So, I now go for my infusions every 4 weeks but, it isn't always on my preferred day which is Thursday. I prefer Thursday because of traveling back and forth to CA to visit with my family. The infusion room is only open Monday -Thursday but, some days it isn't open all because there aren't enough patients to make it worth while for the nurse to come in to the office. There aren't very many infusion suites for Ty where I live. There is one on the other side of town but, it's an hours drive each way. That's better than the 7 1/2 hour drive to CA but, I prefer to have my infusions close to home.

The pseudo exacerbations have continued and my neuro and PCP ordered a lot of tests. The results are iffy. I may have Hashimotos. At this point I'm willing to continue taking synthroid and having regular blood draws but, my main concern is being able to continue with Ty. Nothing gets between me and my Ty...LOL. I've been on synthroid for almost 50 years. It's work well for me and doesn't interfere with taking Ty

I hope everyone had a great summer. We made it back to Ca to see our great grandson. He's so darn cute!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Shayna
shayna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (08-24-2014), Natalie8 (08-21-2014), Riverwild (10-07-2014), SallyC (08-15-2014)