Thread: Who to believe?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
So I haven't been around much lately but I've told my story before. Knocked my head on the door frame of my car in early March for concussion #1 and then hit it on the corner of my desk in mid April for concussion #2. My CT scan was clear, I've been under the care of both my GP as a neurologist since then, I've had PT regularly for my neck and I saw a therapist for my anxiety. I'm back to work almost full time and back doing most of my regular activities.

With that said I still get headaches and I'm still prone to noise sensitivity. I also get tired easily. I've long suffered from migraines so some of my headaches certainly could be from that. But my neurologist is of the opinion that my concussions weren't severe enough for me to still be experiencing symptoms. I don't think I'm making these things up. So who do I believe? My doctor or my body?
In my humble opinion believe yourself. My primary thinks im full of it and said i need to get over it. Ive been suffering from pcs since january 2014 and people on hear much longer than me. I also got re-injured multiple times by hitting my head everywhere and i must wear sun glasses in doors and im sound sensitive with vestibular issues and some breathing problems. Saw a neurologist who has seen many like me and told me he has had many patients who have taken 2-3 yrs and some that never 100% recover but symptoms are minimal and they deal with it. Short span concussions magnify the problem by 10x and everyone is different. Honestly if you didnt lose consciousness they will not take you seriously. Good luck to you and we both need to stop hitting our heads.
allday310 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (08-16-2014), sciencetoy (08-15-2014), Socks (08-15-2014)