Thread: exciting news!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry if I came off wrong. I think visioniosiv captured my feelings better than maybe I did at the time. Very much like my parade was being crapped on. At any rate, I am going to carry on with my parade.

I am quite fortunate that I do have insurance that is semi-willing to work with me. I'm hoping my doctor is equally willing. Honestly, I don't know how he feels about any of these treatments yet. He recommended physical therapy, which I did and it helped a bit with a little mobility and I have a home program to continue but my insurance only pays for so much. He also recommended a SGB which only made things worse by causing a flare and offering no relief. Other than that, he's offered tramadol which I have happily accepted and other drugs, none of which have helped, all of which have had side effects that have been so bad I've quickly stopped taking them.

So I'm done waiting. I'm not going to wait for a doctor who isn't aggressive enough and after suffering from serotonin syndrome from the last drug we tried I'm done with all drugs other than straight up as needed painkillers. I'll try anything from scientifically proven decades ago to the downright wacky as long as it poses no danger to me. I just want to avoid going under the knife as long as possible. I've got nothing but time on my hands to look into treatments I can request referrals for. The doc who did the block was actually very eager to be more aggressive than my doc and if my doc is hesitant at all it'll be the last time I see him and I'll make the one who did my neck-stabbing the one in charge. I need someone who is willing to be aggressive with me and listen to me and let me be a partner in my care. Not just tell me what to do and what ridiculously dangerous drugs to take.

So anyway, I'm still excited that I'll be able to move forward with one form of treatment or another without any cutting. And again, I'm sorry for offending.

Celiac DX Dec 2012; over 30 years symptoms to DX
CRPS DX March 2014; 5 years, 1 month from first symptom to DX
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-19-2014), RSD ME (08-22-2014)