View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerx View Post
Hi,

My friend has RSD in her foot and half way up to her knee. She also has reynold's and always had poor circulation to her extremities. The concern's we have right now is how Vein-ey the affected foot is compared to the other. Should we be worried about this or is this normal? Due to RSD is there a higher chance of getting Deep Vein Thrombosis? Should we be worried and ask for a couple of scans to check for clots?

Also on a separate note: If she decides to get a nerve block, can that possibly end up making the RSD worse and progressing it further?

Appreciate all and any advice.

Thank You.
As far as the nerve block goes my experience was that I was scheduled for three on one day and three on another day. But when the first three indicated no results my neurologist cancelled the remaining three due to the possibilty of causing my condition to worsen.
For some reason unknown to me, the first set of blocks were some sort of a test batch to determain whether the blocks do good or bad.
Blocks help some folks but not others.
As far as the affected area looking veiny, my left arm where this monster started, looks very veiny at different times and I'm told this was normal in CPRS / RSD cases.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do in your search for relief....
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote