View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3mbailey View Post
Interesting you say thyroid. I have recently also been diagnosed with a multi nodular goitre although my thyroid tests all came back fine. I have not seen any info regarding PN caused by thyroid issues do you have any resources on this?
Hi Matt,

I only mentioned it because you did in your O.P. At least one source (below) lists it as one of the most common treatable causes.

There's quite a bit, so it might be easier for you to cross-search the archives. (Links to specific searches don't seem to work here).

I'd start by Search Titles Only for thread titles containing thyroid here in the Peripheral Neuropathy forum, and similarly, Search Titles Only for thread titles containing neuropathy in the Autoimmune Diseases forum (where thyroid issues are discussed).

You can also find info on the web:
Can hypothyroidism cause peripheral neuropathy and, if so, how is it treated?
Polyneuropathy in hypothyroidism: clinical, electrophysiological and morphological findings in four cases
Peripheral Neuropathy: Differential Diagnosis and Management

peripheral neuropathy thyroid (goggle)
and
peripheral neuropathy thyroid (goggle scholar)

As mentioned previously, there are many possible causes of PN. Another that shows up here fairly often is PN caused by certain medications.
~MEDICATIONS~~ That May Cause Peripheral Neuropathy

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 08-16-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added links
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote