View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Dr Smith I intend to read these tomorrow in detail and discuss with my diabetic team on my next visit in 2 weeks time.

I thought I would mention the rest of my medical history (which pretty much all started about 6 months ago to see if there is anything else relevant I have missed.)

Ongoing issues/ possible symptoms
Recurring Sweat Rash during summer months (Usually treated with Canestan Hydrocortisone cream +anti-fungal)
**** abscess. Recurring for many years. Comes maybe a few times a year and then goes of its own accord. Never been big enough to lance.
Hair loss (although I suspect/worry this may be to do with ageing rather than a syptom)
Occasional heartburn symptoms

2012 – Lump found in my right chest area. Mammogram done found to be a fatty lump. Doctor predicted quite correctly I had been in a car accident a few month previous and this lump was likely caused by the seat belt.

November 2013 – had pain in left testicle, urinary tract and possibly kidneys.
urine test showed no signs of anything.
Full STD test was clear (chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis).
Testicles ultra-sounded and diagnosed as a spermal granuloma. This occasionally causes testicular pain every few months and is still occurring. Doctor said there was no real treatment that may not cause further issues and problems. any bladder/kidney pain during this time has never returned.
Kidney function normal

Also during these investigations I was told I might have the starting of a small hernia but at this point there was no need to do anything.

Ultrasound of abdomen done. Nothing abnormal. small cyst in spleen nothing of issue.

January 2014 – Sudden onset of feeling very unwell, full limbs tingling and limb numbness. Went to see diabetic doctor assuming it was diabetic related. She noticed thyroid was enlarged. Though general wellness may be due to a virus.

Thyroid function was normal

Vitamin D level was low started taking vitamin D, multivitamins and omega 3 capsule daily.

Multinodular goitre diagnosed ultrasound completed. Nothing noticeable small multinodular goitre cause unknown.

February 2014 - Neuropathy symptoms completely subside

March 2014 – Recurring nightly chest pain for several days went to A&E when it was particularly bad they performed an ECG and said everything was normal and it was most probably heartburn. Got month long medicine for this which has general cause heartburn to go away.
Now occurs very infrequently.

May 2014 – Ingrowing infected toenail. Received antibiotics from walk in centre and was seen by a podiatrist who removed and treated it. Lasted about 2 – 3 weeks.

July 2014 - glands swollen (very large one under arm) but swollen all over (including groin, armpits, neck. The tingling and pain came back (and still feet). I also have the numbness again in my arms or legs when I sit down.

Sore throats occurring at this time.

Along with this I now have pain in my joints particularly wrist and elbow and knuckles.

General feeling of unwell (as my wife says I look a bit pale).

I appreciate this reiterates something I have already said but as everyone has been so helpful I wanted to make sure there was nothing here that I have not mentioned that could be important.
Y3mbailey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote