View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, kole87, and welcome!

To answer your question, it may be MS and then again it may not be. That's no answer at all but it's the best I can come up with. Often a lot of time has to pass before a doctor will be sure it's MS.

In the meantime, if the doctor had suspected MS an MRI would have been ordered. It sounds as if you didn't have an MRI--?

The type of symptom you're describing can definitely be part of MS but doctors won't start thinking about MS, usually, unless you have some other body part of system involved, probably at a different time. It could be bladder, bowels, eyes, loss of your sense of position in space, balance--the list goes on.

Disc problems can persist and cause new problems over time. I hope your doctor will have some suggestions. It surprises me that nothing helpful was offered. Maybe you have to ask outright?

I hope you'll find a way to solve these problems, particularly the loss of sensation.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LoveCats (08-18-2014), SallyC (08-16-2014)