View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Just diagnosed with concussion... Now what??

Hi I posted another thread called "Help for PCS" but that was before I went to a sports medicine doctor and was diagnosed for a concussion. So go read that for my symptoms that...

So I got a concussion on August 2nd 2014.. From playing basketball and ramming my head to another kids head.....now I didn't know I had a concussion for a couple of days because there were no symptoms until August 6th...and a question I have for that is because I didn't know I had a concussion and didn't rest for the days after, could that make my recovery time longer...(I Am 15 (male) and had a concussion when I was 4)

With that being said should I be resting now because I went to a sports medicine doctor on August 14th (after going to my normal doctor on August 12th)and they confirmed I had a concussion and I still get headaches but not as much...

Also I was told to take omega 3-Fish Oil... What does that do for my concussion

I was driving myself crazy and reading so many diffrent things that made me depressed and I have never had depression before in my life... And I want to know is that normal to get depressed and will it go away

Also is it normal to have a loss of appetite because I haven't had a craving for food lately..

I really hope with people answering my questions will calm me down and more importantly give me more info on what to do for my concussion

I am new to neurotalk so I don't know how everything works

THANKS!!!
Shady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anderson67 (09-03-2014)