View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitke View Post
....last night my right arm and middle finger were killing me.
Would that be from the auto accidents, or repetitive strain injury from flipping off doctors?

Quote:
The neuro could have done the EMG testing on that arm too but it's not as bad as the left so I forgot to mention it, I'm kicking myself for that!!!

I feel like an idiot asking my Dr to send me again
Don't kick too hard—could get another repetitive strain injury from sticking your boot up those doctors'.... well.... nevermind.

As for feeling like an idiot—don't. You're in good company; everyone I know forgets to ask/tell doctors something, and who wouldn't? No matter how "routine" it may seem, we go to doctors because something is wrong with us medically, and that's preoccupying/stressful enough to make one forget body parts if they weren't attached. Heck, I bring an agenda (list of questions/talking points) to every appointment, and I still forget some items—sometimes because I forget to look at the cussed list!

Don't be embarrassed about it—they get it all the time. Just call, email, patient-portal, or otherwise contact the doctor as soon as you remember something, and let them know what you forgot. Unlike phone calls that get/have to be relayed, my doctors actually read & respond to emails themselves.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 08-17-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sitke (08-17-2014), Synnove (08-17-2014)