View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Abbilee,

Are you still out there ? How are you doing ?
Yes I'm still here, sorry I don't get email alerts when I have replies and I keep forgetting about this to check it.

My apologies re the list, I would also find it hard to read, it was hard to write but I wanted to give as much info as possible and also I just didn't think about it!

Hockey: Thanks for the advice, the more I've read about neurology and Neuropsychology the more I realise the latter is going to be most helpful.
I'm not sure what to do though, should I just go back to my GP and ask him to change the referral? Is there any point in me seeing a neurologist or should I cancel that?

To answer your question, I'm not sure if I'm doing too much. I have so much time to fill and my mood sinks very quickly when I'm either by myself or not busy so I try to keep myself occupied all the time, I mostly just spend time with people really.
I don't do a lot of very physical things, the one thing I do is go canoeing which helps with my mood and I take it very gently.

I'm confident I'm getting mental rest,I avoid things that I know I find difficult like if someone wants to teach me something I say no because it's exhausting and gives me a terrible headache.
I have a lot of sleep problems that I'm trying not to medicate, sometimes this is i think due to the PCS and occasionally due to back pain.

Thank you for the bit about mechanisms of brain injury, it helps, I'd been telling myself for a while that I couldn't have PCS because I didn't hit my head or have a diagnosis of a concussion but it fits so perfectly with my symptoms.

Sitke: are you in the UK too? Please let me know how you get on with the Neuropsych thing.

Mark: My neck was injured but it healed pretty quickly, after the second accident it was fine after a month or so.

Heather: I keep a note on my phone where I write down all the cognitive problems I experience so I can see if I improve, but having just looked through it, I don't think anything has really changed.
The only one I can think of is sometimes I would have to close my eyes to think of the word I wanted to say.I used to do that all the time but now it's only occasional or when I'm really tired.
I also think though that I have to some extent stopped trying to find the right word and will just say the one that I think of, even though I know it's not quite right.

I also feel like it's hard to accurately say about what cognitive things have improved because I am rarely needing to actually use my brain in ways which challenge it. I am generally avoiding thinking....

I just want to say thanks so much for all your advice and being so supportive, it really helps x
Abbilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote