View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up LDN for Spinal Stenosis pain success

Hello, I am 52 years old and I have severe central stenosis due to Grade 3 spondylolisthesis and a herniated disc (now no disc!) at L4-L5 for at least 5 years. Only thing that would help me become functional and relieve my pain was prednisone, a steroid, which is not good long for long term usage even though I have been able to reduce it to 5mg. I had tried Neurontin, Cymbalta which made me dizzy, and the rest of the narcotics. As of last week, I have tried LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone); I started at 3mg, taking it at night but it kept me awake all night and made me very sleepy during the day. So after about 4 days, I switched to taking it at Noon, and started at 2mg, and am now taking 3mg. The first day after taking it was phenomenal! I could stand up straight without having to hold on to something, was able to walk all over Walmart without hanging on to a cart. After that it was downhill briefly, but I did not give up. Now after taking LDN at a dose of 3mg and 7 days later taking it at Noon, I have experienced 95% reduced pain in my low back, I am able to get out of bed in the morning without a lot less stiffness, still have trouble walking but it is at least 50% better so far.

I thought I should share my experience so that others with spinal stenosis pain may wish to try it out. I tried it out of desperation and as a last resort since my quality of life has been severely hampered. I will post again and let everyone know how LDN is working for me down the road. I need surgery since my feet are constantly numb but I am afraid of doctors and do not have insurance....
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote