View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks to all of you and your kind thoughts and words.

The doctor called and when I said to cancel the surgery, she said they want to do it under medicare. I'll owe a ton of money but somehow we'll have to get through it. So I agreed and proceded to make so many phone calls around the insurance company. Once excuse after another.
Then on my third call to member services they said I could go on Cobra retro to June 1st. They'll mail me the stuff on June 6th.
Then they faxed a HIPPA and federal portability form to my husband to prove I have been continually insured all this time. They will insure me with no pre-existing clauses as of July 1.
It may take a year to get my insurance to pay up but I'm ready for the fight.
Cobra is not cheap, but neither is a $100,000. pump

Martha, excellent. I did pay for years and never used it for more than doctor visits and mammograms. I went years without taking sick time and all it got me was TOS and RSD. Thanks for caring and praying. I'm going to need strength post op to fight this battle, but I'll fight it.

Johanna, you hit it on the head with the criminal statement. I have a doctor report who said it is criminal the way work comp is treating me. And another who wrote it is cruel to deny my care. I just may need to use you for lettter writing skills. I hope your recovery continues to go well.
Thanks hairdresser. I know you are fighting the same battle as I am and are stuck too. I am sorry you are worse.

Now, dawn, you know me. Do I look like the type who can yell, rant and scream? I'm doing it all inside but haven't figured how to let those emotions out yet. But it's a great idea. And thanks for the prayers and hugs ... That is what I need now.

Jo, I called my lawyer and he is out of town for two weeks. The person answering phones suggested the same as you. Keep a diary of who I speak to, when, and specifically what it is about, time and dates. I've actually spoken with Ada. She told me what she did but it didn't work for me. She didn't have a worker comp case and she was asking for coverage for a medication. I did try it though. The gov answered me via email and in writing. He handed it over to the dept of Industrial Relations and **** wrote me a letter (ha! Ali) saying "talk to your lawyer." The first line in my letter was that I was writing because talking to my lawyer was not happening.

Alison, that is a good idea too, call the insurance commissioner. First I need to find out if this 5 year rule is in writing somewhere. It was never given or told to me. Then I'll call him and tell him how they did it, no warning at all. My doctor called last month and I was eligible but when they called today to be sure, they found out I was cancelled Thursday and Then Memorial Day weekend. But they usually call day before surgery. Oh have I ever worked with arnold. His emails and letters made it sound like he was going to be there for me and oh how he cares for all us
"caliFOURnians" . He handed my letter over to a **** A. and his letter said, talk to your lawyer. Oh the games they play. I've emailed him again. I even said you'd never let your wife be in this kind of pain for a day, but it has been over 5 years with no relief in sight. He can change this, but all he does is veto the bills to help us. I asked him how dare he be proud of saving Billions of $$ by denying us healthcare and benefits? He's probably got $$ in his hands from the comp lobbyist.

Ya think I ought to change my name to MrToughGuyLivesHere? You are right - I do need to get mean and tough like they are.
Meanwhile I do trust that I'll get through this.

Cala, thanks. I am going to trust it will all be taken care of. It says right after my name on the insurance website that they are returning my money. The bad part is that they never warned me or offered Cobra ahead of time. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. They really help. The flare set in about 30 minutes ago so I'm going to take my meds and go to bed early - esp since I have to be 45 miles from here by 5:30 am !!

I just thought things were bad enough, but NO, They can Always get Worse.
A good friend told me that a long time ago and I thought she was pessimistic. Now I know she was telling the truth!

Pat
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote