View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Bryanna, here is what happened. I just got back from the dentist and of course I knew the answer before I went this morning.

When I was at the dentist a few days ago I found out they did do one tiny filling on tooth number 24. I had actually forgot which two they filled. I am betting this is what caused it.

The doctor said now she wish she had not seen the cavity on number 24 but it needed repairing. Of course you know what they want to do. Root canal.

I hate to loose this tooth but to pay $489 for the root canal and then have to go back later and have it removed because it didn't work is not something I really want to do. I have had some root canals done many years ago but can't remember why they were done. I don't remember having pain being the reason I had them , they just told me I needed one.

$85 to pull the tooth and I should be pain free from now on but I will not have to good smile I have now. I have always been a critic of someone who has missing teeth . Just does not look good. I know as I continue to age I may face more problems with infections being I have this one now. Maybe my immune system is not strong enough to fight off things like this.

I got a few days to decide on what I do being the antibiotic is doing its thing but not sure how long before something needs to be done. Maybe you can help me make a move on this but I know you really are not a fan of root canals. Thanks again so much for you expert advice and I will wait and see what you tell me. I got golf to play when I get better which I hope is soon. Tom

Last edited by threeputt; 08-18-2014 at 12:53 PM.
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote