View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I tried gabapentin,neurontin,pregabalin and another,all didnt agree with me. I went to docs today as the pain seems to be more frequent,perhaps its good old english weather,it was 27 degrees ,and then suddenly dropped to 19 or 20.I am going to take a herbal combination,doc said it should be ok,so im gonna take 1 st johns wort. I Often put voltarol on my face,and dragon balm,it has that capsaicin in it.I would be interested to know where you get the gabapentin cream from.

I tried many meds, but they didn't work well and destroyed my stomach. Now, I take a Tricyclic med (tablet form) plus use a specially formulated compounded cream that I rub on my face (right side where the dental work was done). In the cream is Gabapentin, Lidocaine and Capsaicin. This has worked well for a little over a year. Recently, I've had additional breakthrough pain, so we will probably have to increase the dosage or add a fourth medication to the mixture and I see the doc again relatively soon to discuss this.

This med routine has helped me cope physically and psychologically as I feel I have at least a little control of the severe pain.

Right now I have some additional breakthrough pain, so I am considering seeing the acupuncturist for a short while. I saw her for a few months when it first happened and it did help a little.

When you find the right med routine for you, surely you will feel much happier and confident.

I was told that everyone is different but the top combination for ATN is a Tricyclic medication plus Gabapentin, which is also called Neurontin. Others find different meds or combination of meds that work.

It is a difficult diagnosis and seems to require an intelligent and caring doctor plus much due diligence on the patient's part as well.[/QUOTE]
bradrich11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote