Thread: Labs
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default The only results--

--that would be decidely out of range from among those you mentioned would be the red blood cell count (RBC) and hemocrit.

The B12 is probably listed as in range but is low from my perspective.

What other blood test results are there (if you don't mind my asking)? Low B12 can certainly result in anemia.

The absolute lymphocyte count of 1300 is low end of normal, but well within range. The proportion of cell types among the white blood cells (neutrophils, lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils) certainly vary with infectious status; in healthy individuals they vary widely across individuals, but tend to stay fairly consistent within individuals over time. My lymphocyte counts are always in the 1250-1350 range. In fact, they tend to be in a very narrow range around 1300 most of the time. My neutrophils are always around 5350-5500. And so on.

The urine specific gravity is a bit low, but the most common cause for that is drinking too much fluid (sometimes it can mean kindey infection--if that is suspected you might be given a more specific osmality test). Diabetic kidney damage (and dehydration) would more likely result in higher specific gravity.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (08-20-2014)