View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hang in there. I know it can be really hard to stay optimistic. Im at 10 months now from my concussion/ whiplash from being hit by a car while crossing the street. I hit my head hard on the windshield and pavement.

I dont have tinnitus as bad as you do, but i can relate to the sensitivity to bumps and jolts. Being a passenger in a car is really difficult for me. Im also very sensitive to light and sound. And suffer from headaches and neck pain.

But the good news is when i look back in my daily journals (where i write my pain and symptoms) i notice a significant difference in pain and activity levels from now to 5 months ago. And a HUGE difference from now since my accident 10 months ago. So there is hope. But everyday is different, i just have to be gentle with myself. And patient. Dont be hard on yourself, remember it is a slow progress.

As I'm writing this I'm also speaking to myself here, its always something i have to remind myself! My old self was a huge go-getter and type A so its hard for me to be patient and let myself heal

Big hugs!
pedestrian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brenda1964 (01-17-2019)