View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member
Default i didn't know where else to post this...

okay, I've been venting since I joined the TBI board about this event, but it is not really a tbi. I got the following info from this source

source: http://www.drugs.com/interactions-ch...-2012,438-2034

Applies to: OxyContin (oxycodone), Subutex (buprenorphine)

If you have been receiving treatment with oxyCODONE, adding buprenorphine may also cause you to experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, yawning, excessive sweating, goose bumps, fever, chills, flushing, restlessness, irritability, anxiety, depression, pupil dilation, tremor, rapid heart beat, body aches, involuntary twitching and kicking, abdominal cramping, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and weight loss.

So you're supposed to wait 12 hours or until withdrawal sets in before giving subutex. Doctor gave them to me to take together for pain not addiction, (he was an idiot) I took the sub an hour after the oxy and that was all she wrote..

I've read plenty of horror stories of precipitated withdrawal, and living though it, it was the worst few hours of my life!!!, and even found a page where people had to go to hospital because of severe seizures, organ shutdown etc , but I never read of long term effects, except several people dying from rapid detox.

I was still working and living before this incident, in spite of a mild thalamic stroke. I have asked doctors and they don't know why I stayed so sick that it cost me job and everything. could it be I already had a brain incident and it was exacerbated? I don't know...just wish I could know what happened...thanks in advance

moderator, if you think there is a more appropriate place for this thread, you're the boss
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-20-2014)