View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Infected Root Canal Removed - Area hurts again Months Later

Alright, I'll try to make this brief...

Basically I had a root canal that started to really bother me a few months ago. I didn't know much and tried to fight off the infection. You couldn't see anything wrong with the area but the way it felt and the pain told me it was an infection. Finally, I started getting pain in my arm and chest and it was hard to even shower. I immediately called a dentist and went there within a day. I told him I wanted the root canal removed even though he said all the xrays, etc didn't so any problems.

So he removed it (this was about 3 months ago). He told me there was a small infection and he scooped it out (I can't remember the exact words).

The pain in my body (infection had spread?) immediately started to clear up and once the soreness from the procedure went away my mouth felt amazingly pain free. He also filled a cavity with composite that was next to the root canal. I was put on no antibiotics and everything seemed like it was going great.

Now it's three months later and a similar kind of pain is slowly returning. I'm very worried. It doesn't hurt horribly yet, but I started to slowly notice it at night and now I can feel it a little all day. I haven't took a hard look at my mouth but at a glance I can't see anything wrong. I'm worried that the same area where the root canal was removed is infected again somehow.

I'm not sure what to do or what to look for. I would love some kind of advice.
Light666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote