View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default New member greeting

Hello all. I am 43, I was diagnosed at 38 with "Severe Idiopathic Progressive Neuropathy", it has ruined my life and took a massive toll on my marriage and I am angry, scared, defeated, lonely and in so much damn pain that even the pain meds no longer help.

I have been looking for a place where I can come and vent and not be judged. I think that we all know that others who are healthy, just do not understand the battle we fight everyday just to get out of bed. I feel so guilty for getting sick, like I have robbed my wife of living her life. I feel as if she resents me for it even though she would never admit it. It hurts my heart so much to feel this way.

Before I became sick I played men's Ice Hockey on a travel team, we went all over the mid-west for tournaments and that was taken from me, Doc told me no more hockey. I have been playing guitar since I was 13, now I can barely press my fingers on the fret board to play chords. That is not because of Neuropathy, I have been diagnosed by my Neurologist with "Bi-Lateral Carpel Tunnel" after my last EMG test to see if the disease had moved into my hands. Now I have to have corrective surgery.

Happy to be here, hope I can add some good to others and receive emotional support as well. Blessings to you all.
Thaydrian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-21-2014), Kitt (08-21-2014), Lara (08-20-2014), St George 2013 (08-22-2014)