View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
It may not be as bad as smoke, but that's not the same as "doesn't harm"—the jury's still out on that.

Also, not all vaporizers are created equal. Are you using the type that heats plant material to a temperature that the cannabinoids are released, or the e-cig type that uses some type of solvent?

As I understand it, some (perhaps not all—don't know) of the e-cig type use the same kinds of solvents (e.g. glycerin, propylene glycol, and others) used for nicotine delivery.
I agree that not all vaporizers are create equal. But I think the difference is what you put in it, not the vaporizer itself. My pocket vaporizer will handle both dry herb and oils/wax. The vaporizer itself does not introduce any harmful substances. It is just a heating element that quickly heats the contents. Without oxygen, it doesn't really burn. In theory, the cannabinoids vaporize at a lower temperature than the rest of the weed. So when using a dry herb, ideally you only inhale the stuff you want. That being said, you are still subject to any chemicals that may have been sprayed on it prior to harvest.

If on the other hand, you use oil/wax or some other concentrate in the same vaporizer, that is when you are subjected to a variety of chemicals depending how the oils/wax was created.

So why would people use anything other than dry herb to vaporize if dry herb is safer? Most likely because the oils/was are much more concentrated so they can get a faster and/or stronger high. The pocket vaporizers are small. One fill of dry herb is enough foYou may have to re-fill the pocket vaporizer 2 additional times to get the high you get taking from one or two drags using a concentrated form. I never smoked cigarettes but I assume the same is true for them. It would take large number of dry herb refills to equal one cigarette. Regarding my personal use, I only use dry herb and one fill is more than enough for my purposes.

I just want to make it clear that the vaporizer is not the problem but instead it is what you choose to vaporize. My knowledge is limited so if someone wants to correct me, please feel free to do so.
StevenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (08-21-2014)