Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
just thinking...

Mark, did you ever read the info. about Central Pain Syndrome that mrsD left you on another thread?

If you had earlier had a stroke followed by a concussion then this situation with the medications might have exacerbated everything.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...ntral_pain.htm

Central Pain Syndrome

central post-stroke pain
central post-stroke syndrome

Edited to add: I see you've now listed some of your symptoms in your sig..
Don't forget it is possible that not all those symptoms are caused by one event.
In your case they could be the result of several serious incidents.
Plus the anxiety (and the depression) is so common with TBI/PCS and part and parcel unfortunately of post concussion syndrome as you would know already.
I think you are REALLY RIGHT and I appreciate your concern. I get overwhelmed when I think about the numerous shots to my head, any of which could do a lot of damage and it is scary. My new neurologist is good and wants me to o vestibular and physical therapy. I'm only 46 but i'll be shocked if I work again, and I desperately want to. I must get out of the house every day an not hide in fear. I really worry about dementia in the future but I guess that is silly to worry about now. And I read the articles on central pain and will mention it to my neuro. thanks again for your help.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-21-2014)