Thread: Bad moment
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Angell, With some evidence of blood in your stool, you need to check into an ER. Sorry, but that's the deal. Don't mess with a potential internal bleed.
Annie, clearly you missed the part of my post where I pointed out that I've had three heart attacks. Been at work each time. Finished my shift and then drove myself to the hospital each time. Check into the ER...

Quote:
Pred might not be a drug for you. And, if not, the sooner you get off of it and onto one that will work for you, the better.
The neuro isn't interested in getting me off it. Right now I'm back down to 20mg - here's a prescription for omeprazole to help with the stomach cramps. Don't kill the messenger okay...just telling you what he said.

Quote:
PLEASE, seek out help at the ER! The other reason is that you have signs of an adrenal crisis (pain, sweating, and fatigue are all classic signs). They are BOTH life threatening, damn it!!! Didn't your doc know the signs of that one?
It is possible that he was skipping that particular class to hang out with the cool kids from the high school down the street from Yale.

Quote:
You'll also want to check in with an endocrinologist after you've been off of the Pred for a while so that they can check your adrenal function. Maybe it's already low or something else is going on.
THIS I will do. And I wouldn't have had you not suggested it. So can I have some points back for not going to the ER? Please...

Quote:
What else can I say, but be smart! Well, you are smart, but that doesn't always mean acting smart. Don't push that physical envelope and get a LOT of rest and TLC.
My dad tells me (lovingly) all the time, "You're not a regular dummy; you're overqualified."

Quote:
Please let us know how you're doing! We can talk about the sadness of having MG some other time!!!

Annie
I'm doing much better. There were other issues going on that I did not mention - not on purpose, just not clear headed enough at the time. The MG affects my back muscles and with back problems already (spinal stenosis, crushed discs, etc.), there is a good deal of pain near constantly anyway.

Then my stomach cramped, seized, tore, or whateveritdid like it had every day for the last five or six days, but this time it felt like the cramps themselves were on steroids...which I guess they technically were. Within ten minutes of me doubling over for the first time, the migraine hit. Ten minutes later my incisor abscessed.

Too much, too fast. Typically, I can use meditation to 'get in front of the pain' but I was completely taken unaware.

One question, if you don't mind: The neurodoc said there were five stages of MG and I am a two or three. For the life of me, I can't find the five stages explained anywhere. Have you heard of them or is he making an arbitrary statement based on his beliefs about the disease?

On a positive doctor report note: My PCP has been honest with me from the beginning that he doesn't know near enough about this disease to be able to do me much good, but that he will be trying to get more versed. Well, he just came back from two weeks vacation and reported that he read three books on MG and scores of medical journal articles while on vacation and, "While I certainly don't know everything by a long shot, I feel a lot more confident moving forward with you on this now."

Good for him. Good for both of us.

hugs and love,

Angel
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-21-2014)