View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default And there is this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise9293 View Post
Since December 2013, I have had extreme fatigue and muscle weakness in my limbs. Also experience trouble swallowing and shortness of breath. My neurologist was at a loss but decided to try Mestinon. Symptoms have improved some but I now have twitchy eyes and muscle cramps from the med. I was told that 5% of MG patients test normal. How can I just accept that diagnosis without proof?
When I had consult with my surgeon he mentioned hearing about another newly discovered MG implicated anti-body, but couldn't remember what it was called or if there was a test for it yet. Today I found an article from Nov 2013. Won't let me post a link here for it since I'm fairly new to the board, but here's the title if you want to search for it on*edit*

Research Uncovers New Cause for Muscle-Weakening Disease Myasthenia Gravis

Will be bringing a copy of the full journal article (link to that is in the posted article) into my next appointment with my neurologist to find out what he knows about it. If I have a supportive medical team that's not questioning the diagnosis in spite of being seronegative for AChR and MuSK, is it worth it to do another test just for curiosity sake (assuming a test is/becomes available)?

Last edited by Jomar; 08-21-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: per new member linking guidelines
simplelife15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote