View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Drug interaction and other questions

1. I went to the neuro last week. He gave me the balance test (you know, trying to get you off balance). i have always done well, but fell twice this time. I am wonderingif I may have fullblown PD now (still don't have cogwheeling and stiffness, but seem to have all other sx that I remember).

2. I have been recovering very slowly from surgery. I was only sleeping 1-5 hrs per night of broken sleep. He is having me tested for narcolepsy, but gave me remeron to take at bedtime. (He also rescinded my permission to drive).

He left the room to check for drug interractions; returned and said that there were no problems. I have been taking it since Thursday. The half life is 37 hours. Each day I am more tired and weaker. I checked and found a moderate interaction between remeron and mirapex involvin CNS and Resp. system.

Yesterday I went on a walk of about 400 feet. It took me about half an hour to get back. By the last 200 feet or so I was only moving my feet 3 or 4 inches, I was to tired to keep my eyes open, and my head drooped.

Last night I had problems breathing when I went to bed.

The neuro's nurse told me to quit taking the remeron for tonight and that she would ask the dr tomorrow.

Questions
1. What are the c hances that I have full blown PD instead of parkinsonism?
2. Has anyone else had a reaction between remeron and mirapex

Thanks,
mamafigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote