View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Help! Just got Celiac Panel?

Okay, so, I was tested about 6 years ago now for Celiac but I didn't have it at the time (though I'm pretty sure I did, if I do have it). They labeled me as IBS and sent me on my merry way. Well, 6 years later I'm still getting really sick and my stomach hurts terribly, I had a bout of pancreatitis, became anemic which suddenly disappeared, and some other weird things that just couldn't be figured out.

I finally realized it was gluten making me sick, so I experimented by taking it out of my diet and I felt tons better but not fully because I think I was missing some things that had gluten in it still.

I finally decided to get the new Celiac Panel done, because I was told before that the old way of testing it back when I was 14, usually came out false positive and a lot of people got labeled with IBS instead.

I did this test through my school's free clinic, and they called with the results suggesting I go see a GI.

I finally got those results to see today, and my friend who is a Celiac (and knows quite a bit on this matter as well, as he works closely in this field) says it's highly suggestive that I have Celiac's.

I sent a message to my doctor, only sharing the ttga levels because it was the only thing I had but she tried to tell me that it was only an allergy, even though I don't present with allergy-like symptoms.

Can anyone help me interpret the results? If possible? I know what some of the values are, but some I'm a little confused on.

This is what it is (with all base levels and normal levels being considered <20 )

Quote:
Gliadin IGA Deaminated - flagged at high - 65

Gliadin IGG Deaminated - flagged at high - 103

TTG IGA - Flagged at high - 141

TTG IGG - Normal - 7 (this one I really don't know what it is? It's the only normal one on here)

Thank you all so much! I'm really struggling because I've had many issues with doctors telling me it's one thing when it's not, or saying nothing's wrong (and not just with this situation either). I could really use some help. ):
Addie1313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-21-2014)