View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkxoxo View Post
Thanks so much for the advice. I am definitely going to start soaking my feet. My foot has been healed since January and it is now almost September. So I don't think its a delayed reaction. I think I just have it in a mild form. I consider myself very lucky to have mild symptoms. But they are still there. I commend people on here who struggle with this everyday and suffer. Like I don't want to go through all the testing and doctors visits but I want to be diagnosed so I can ask questions. Will a future injury set it off to be worse? What about having kids, how will the process of being pregnant and all the bodily changes and giving birth affect my body? My parents claims I worry too much about it but I just am more curious. I was perfectly healthy before this. And now I just feel not right all the time. Not horrible just not great.
Your very welcome.

May I recommend not just soaking your feet but also soaking your whole body. 1-2 cups of epsom salts (I prefer the unscented but that is personal preference and either way you will still get the much needed benefits of magnesium) into a warm bath for 20 minutes.

Do please keep in mind that even an ankle sprain can take up to 2 years to fully heal so.. some of your pain can still be from the healing process.

Yes, you are blessed to have tolerable symptoms .. keep seeking but try not to worry about so much into the future as this only causes the body to stress (even when you don't realize it) which isn't good if you do indeed have CRPS. One never knows what tomorrow will bring.. be it CRPS or something else, try as difficult as it may be to focus on today and let tomorrow worry about itself. What I am trying to say is that even if you had a diagnosis today the questions about pregnancy and what may happen with future injuries and really unknown as this disease is very complex and each one of us react very differently. For example - some people do get spread of disease with new injuries or surgical trauma etc., that has not been the case for me even recently enduring a broken ankle a few weeks ago. I do believe that not thinking in that way has helped. The worst thing you can do is fixate on what may come.. with or without the disease being present.

A pain management physician might be a good place for answers.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (08-23-2014), RSD ME (08-22-2014)