Thread: IVIG question
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default IVIG terapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife15 View Post
I finished my first round of IVIG on 8/7. 5 infusions over the course of 10 days.

Decision to start IVIG occurred after a flare-up where at the peak I took over 1200 mg of Mestinon in one day just to keep breathing. The Mestinon was working (with no side effects that I always get when I take too much), but the relief wasn't lasting very long. Over the course of a few weeks with this flare-up I was still in the 700-800 mg of Mestinon a day pre-IVIG. Within a day of starting I was down to the 400 range, and now two weeks out from my last dose I'm down to 180 mg/day (actually only took 120mg yesterday).

Have to say I feel great, especially in terms of my respiratory function. Actually did pre-op respiratory function tests last week and didn't struggle at all.

So now wondering...how long can I expect the benefits from IVIG to last? Was scheduled for Thymectomy last Wednesday, but was cancelled the night before because the surgeon had a family emergency. I'm rescheduled for next Wednesday and am hoping the benefits hang on that long. Do you notice that your symptoms gradually get worse as the IVIG wears off?
Hi,
I just finished my second round of IVIG. My first round lasted 6 weeks. This round has taken a full week to kick in. I hope this gives you the energy and quiets your respiratory problems. Good luck on your surgery!
Take care,
Sonomagirl
Sonomagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
simplelife15 (08-23-2014)