View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I absolutely agree with Hockey and markneil about just wanting to have "proof" of brain injury that would appease those doctors who are of the, " if the MRI is negative, there isn't an injury" school of thought. I have had my share of bad Neurologists who told me my confusion and cognitive issues were either due to meds or my "behaving like I had a serious head injury", and denied me access to other health care professionals (Speech therapist) because they thought I didn't need this.

I finally got my proof with the Neuropsychology testing, but I fear without this I would never have gotten the right diagnosis and been made to feel like a fool or worse yet, a malingerer out to get attention or monetary gain. Who knows how my life would be like without the validation I needed to prove what I already knew was true; I was not and am not the same person I was before the accident.

Thank God for the other medical professionals who "believed" me, and allowed me to get the tests and rehab I needed to get this far. Sometimes, all we're looking for is the validation in the face of so many so- called professionals who are all too quick to pass judgement. They should hope they are never put in a position where their integrity is questioned time and again because there is no proof of their injury in the eyes of the clinician they relied on for answers.

Thank God for Neuropsychology testing, one of the "proofs" the medical world can use to show the injury and its devastating effects on our lives. Take care, M-i-m

Last edited by music-in-me; 08-24-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: sentence structure errors
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-24-2014), SarahSmile0205 (08-24-2014)