View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 12:53 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Why is this even a topic of discussion ? There are only a few high Tesla MRI's in the world. They cost a quarter of a billion dollars ($250,000,000 to $270,000,000) each.

If one of us asked for an MRI in one of these expensive MRI systems, I bet the doctor would Laugh Out Loud.
I saw what you did there with the "Laugh Out Loud" lol. I'm trying to kick the habit of using lol but we all know how hard habits are to break.

When I asked my mri tech about teslas he didn't even know what they were

The articles I read didn't mention the staggering costs and dangers, but perhaps over time, they will get cheaper and a happy medium can be found. After all, GPS machines were 5000 dollars when they first came out, now they can be bought for 60 bucks.

And PET scans were mentioned by, I think MRSD, which, unfortunately I am too fat to fit into right now lol (there goes that nervous tic again)

We have people on the board flying to Mexico for cheap HBOT treatments, even though the science on them has not been encouraging, we have them flying to Florida for VERY unproven 10000 dollar Eternacept shots that claim to treat almost EVERY brain disease, no matter their etiology.

One man went through 150000 trying to save his wife from Alzheimer's to no avail, and we have people taking every supplement under the sun when the FDA has specifically warned that not one of these supplements can heal or even TREAT a brain injury.

But I respect everyone who tries these things. We are human and we need HOPE. Even if its 20 years down the road or may seem impossible now, like carrying something the size of a pillbox and calling someone in Japan with it would have seemed crazy 30 yeas ago.

It's called hope, and most of us humans need it. Yourpoint about the expense and major drawbacks are well taken though.

I disagree with the FDAs supplement statement also because turmeric has been shown to affect the buildup of plaque in the brain in a positive way.

I guess I found the tesla article interesting because so many people, including me, on the board complain of their doctor saying it's all in your head. Plus the scientific part of me wants to know what part or parts of my brain are causing these debilitating symptoms.

And to be frank, I found the article while browsing about the brain on the internet because I was so bored from being stuck in due to the symptoms of this lousy thing And sometimes the pulsating tinnitus just isn't company enough.

I appreciate the tip on QEEGs, but as my symptoms are more sensory than cognitive, I don't know if it would help. I will do some reading.
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Estreetfan (08-26-2014), Hockey (08-24-2014), music-in-me (08-24-2014), SarahSmile0205 (08-24-2014)