View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Blackfeather, thank you for your kind words. Bueno. In terms of diet, I stopped eating refined and processed food almost entirely and eat mainly vegetarian. While my initial symptoms of weakness on the right side (that I now no longer have) were not prompted by gut issues I donīt think, the many years of meds definitely left me with horrible constipation. I have cured this and made a better intestinal health than I think I have ever had before by drinking a large glass of aloe vera gel (fresh, from a piece about the size of my forearm) mixed with fresh pineapple juice and chia seeds daily. I also make yogurt from raw goatīs milk and Eptavis, a probiotic product. This has served me very well. I also eat fresh papaya, mango, avocado, banana, ginger, fava beans, raw honey, tumeric, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, maca powder, coconut, amongst others, very often or daily. Celery juice or tea is great for cleaning out the system. So my focus has been very much on eating whole fresh foods, and not so much on specifically targeting certain vitamins and such. Coffee helps me quite a bit, bathing with it as well as drinking. I also bathe with salt, aloe vera, and at times basil. The doctors here prescribed tea of coca leaves, or powdered coca leaves - these would be illegal in the USA, but available here at the indigenous shops...remembering that the raw, unprocessed leaves are to cocaine as like a loaf of rye bread is to Jack Daniels. However, consuming this gave me horrible dystonia all over again...

In terms of shamanism, it is a complex subject with many sides to it. There was definitely a conflict that presented itself between the energy of the shamanic world of medicine, and that of the Western pharmacological treatment. But beyond just the meds, they are such different world views, I donīt feel I can address it easily here. Perhaps if you had a more specific question, or if I meditate more on the subject, I will come up with a better answer!!!
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (08-25-2014), natnat (08-30-2014), trixiedee (12-22-2014), villiers (08-24-2014)